Wednesday, January 25, 2012

A beautiful Day at the Zoo

Today looking out the window and seeing the dark, gloomy storm clouds and the ongoing torrential rain it's hard to imagine that just last week I was walking around the Houston Zoo enjoying the beautiful spring like weather with some of my favorite people.  I was headed to my car after getting my allergy shots when I decided to take a chance and text Whitney, saying the day was too perfect to stay inside so she should come with me on a trip to the zoo.  I was surprised that she was feeling spontaneous and totally on board with it.  Her only suggestion was that I invite Joy and her two little ones to come with us too.  When I called Joy to deliver Whitney's suggestion she said you're timing is perfect, just that morning Grant had told her he wanted to go to the zoo.  Her plan was to call around to find out if any of her friends with memberships were planning to go there in the next few days.  It wasn't long before we all met up at the zoo entrance ...me with a brand new membership in hand and all of us ready for some fun and adventure!
                      The zoo aquarium


A mama elephant and her cute little baby.
 


             One of my favorites ...the seal show.

                 Monkey Island
All and all it was the perfect day.  I can't wait for another sunny day so we can go back.

No comments: