Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Life in the burbs


Jessica (and Sabrina) drove up with her family to Utah last month to meet her two identical nieces and a nephew who were recently born into the family. That gave Grandma Kathy the chance to come and help out while they were gone. Mike and Jess now live in the town where we used to live when our kids were young. It's so amazing to see how things have changed and yet stayed the same. Makes things a bit confusing at times but fun to go back and see where our kids spent some of their early years. Here is a video of story time at the Broken Arrow library with my cute grand kids. Oh yeah! Grandma still has it ...check out Gracie's french braid!
I love owls!
Of course my all time favorite place to visit has always been the Tulsa zoo. Here are a couple of videos of our wild adventures with the animals. (You will have to forgive the quality of the videos ...I'm still getting used to my new camera!)
"Where's my lunch!"

Lions and tigers and bears ...oh my!
Sssssnakes!
I guess it isn't hard to figure out where they get their fondness for snakes!
And last but not least ...the grooming of the lamb!
Mike and Jess live in a beautiful neighborhood. The weather was perfect while I was there (a welcome change from the heat and humidity of Texas) and it was fun just to play outside with the kids ...blowing bubbles, playing red light green light, catching crickets, kicking the soccer ball and riding bikes.
Safety first!And a good time was had by all!

No comments: